Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
The AXON Internship Program is designed to develop emerging professionals by providing them unique opportunities to impact the world. As an XR Product Design intern, you will join a group of amazing leaders who are passionate about their work and ability to drive our mission. You will have ownership on a project that will give you the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the organization and to our customers worldwide. Apply the skills and knowledge you’ve learned in school in a corporate environment. No idea is too far out of reach, and we embrace our interns’ voices and diverse perspectives. Connect with experienced mentors and corporate leaders, grow your problem-solving and leadership skills, and dedicate your summer to protecting life. .
12-week summer internship where you will play a role in designing the user experience within Axon's VR/AR product offering, with an emphasis on how to make the training experiences that Axon develops intuitive and more approachable for all users.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remotely from United States, or onsite at our Scottsdale, AZ Headquarters
- Help design and create prototypes in a game engine: Unity or Unreal
- Design user experience for our VR product
- Prototype and iterate design ideas in Figma or Unity
What You Bring
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, User Centered Design, or a similar Design background.
- Background in immersive technologies.
- Self-starter who thrives with problem-solving and embraces ambiguity
- Currently enrolled in Program in Human-Centered Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or other related field
- Juniors preferred - within 1 year of graduation (undergraduate or graduate)
- Have experience with UX design or prototype in virtual reality and/or augmented reality
- Experience designing and prototyping in a game engine: Unity or Unreal (Unity is preferred)
- Experience working quickly and have a passion for exploring and pushing the boundaries of current 3D interactions and patterns.
Benefits that Benefit You
- Exposure to leaders and amazing experts
- Mentorship and networking
- Intern program events
- Casual and fun work environment
- Diversity and Inclusion Affinity Group
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
[U.S. Jobs Only] *Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.