Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
This position will primarily be supporting and managing the statutory books and records for India but will also provide support for other Axon’s global legal entities. Will support external accountants with preparation of the India financial statements, managing statutory audit and any other regulatory compliance reporting requirements.
You will be managing this process in coordination with external auditors and accountants, HQ accounting operations, revenue accounting teams, tax, and the international finance team. This role will report to the Director of International Finance based in the United States.
Your Day to Day
- Develop an understanding for how the HQ-based Global Accounting Operations, Commercial Controllership and Tax teams operate in order to be able to anticipate, identify and resolve accounting, tax, and compliance matters specifically for India.
- Collaborate with the relevant Finance and other cross-functional expertise at HQ to be able to manage your day to day tasks.
- Maintain statutory books and records for India.
- Play an important role in preparing the information and supporting documentation to assist and work with external accountants in the preparation of India financial statements.
- Manage all other regulatory compliance reporting requirements.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Certified Chartered Accountant (CCA) designation, or ability to qualify.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the accounting profession, with an emphasis in understanding Indian GAAP, US GAAP.
- Public Accounting with big-4 accounting firms in India, required.
- Recent accounting experience with a global company, required, preferably a U.S.-based company
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills are required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and highly responsive customer service mindset.
- Concern for high-quality deliverables and deadlines
- Superb attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with Tier-1 ERP systems, Microsoft Dynamics D365 preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce.com for customer relationship management and pricing and quoting, preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Must have a high degree of integrity.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.