Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Location: Washington DC Area/Remote (Up to 70% travel)
Are you a techie and a self-starter who is always on the lookout for issues? Can you come up with novel solutions to new challenges and processes that don’t have an apparent or obvious answer?
If so, being our Federal Support Engineer is perfect for you! You are an authority on all Axon products & services, and onsite “embedded” with a law enforcement agency providing support Monday through Friday. Given how critical your role is, you will also be ready to be called on by the agency for help at any moment. You are the “boots on the ground,” primary point of support, that may include deploying the next new system to getting the troops schooled up on the latest products.
- Setup and deployment of all Axon Products (SW, Apps and Devices)
- Maintaining the Agency’s Evidence.com account
- Conducting on-site trainings on new features and products for the agency’s leadership team(s)
- Thoroughly documenting issues and workflows and suggesting new workflows to improve effectiveness of the Axon program
- Providing on-site support for Axon products and their supporting infrastructures
- Proactively monitoring the health of Axon equipment and providing “white glove” RMA support
- Recording and tracking agency feature requests and major bugs
- Connecting the Agency to “Early Access” programs for new products
- Supporting customer post deployment to ensure customer satisfaction
- Completing customer data information sheets for monthly tracking.
- US Citizenship
- Minimum of 4 years in a customer facing/technical support (troubleshooting) role
- Single Scope Background Investigation
- Strong and proven track record of successfully managing customer relationships and technical projects
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Networking and Active Directory
- Understanding of SAAS, Cloud providers/solutions, Virtualization, Storage
- Experience with Reverse Engineering, searching logs and root cause analysis
- Strong knowledge of routing and switching methodologies, Wi-Fi, telecommunications, and Internet technologies
- Knowledge of computer hardware (i.e. server deployment), operating systems, and storage devices
- Knowledge of body-worn camera implementation
- Ability to move adjust to changing environments and customer demands.
- Unmatched analytical, strategic, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively communicate with various people including customers, colleagues, and across departments
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- JIRA, and Microsoft Dynamics knowledge
- Knowledge of CCTV, VMS, and IP cameras
- Experience working closely with a sales and support team
- Experience working and supporting law enforcement or the military
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.