Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
We live at the intersection of public safety and technology. The customers we serve strive every day to protect their communities. Our innovations can fundamentally change the way they do their jobs, and result in better societal outcomes. You have a central role in helping us share and amplify our message with external partners and public safety agencies, and thus a direct connection to making communities safer around the world.
As for the role, you're a savvy relationship builder and natural salesperson, and you're ready to take our sponsorship program to the next level. You'll work with some of our biggest partners to generate revenue and get them fired up about supporting Axon's mission, while developing unique marketing and promotional opportunities for new and existing supporters. You'll be responsible for pursuing and securing sponsorships against ambitious goals, and will work directly with sponsors as well as internally to facilitate and fulfill sponsorship deliverables. Bonus points if you have performance marketing experience and the ability to demonstrate concrete value to our sponsors in the form of lead generation or brand awareness.
When you join Axon, the benefits, compensation and infrastructure won't feel like a startup, but everything else will. We are an amazingly agile, consistently innovative, mission-driven organization. We have an incredibly strong team, a stellar balance sheet, strong market position and a high growth trajectory. And we're just getting started.
Your Day to Day
- Build relationships and manage key sponsor accounts, serving as a trusted point of contact over email, virtual meetings, or onsite meetings
- Drive revenue in collaboration with business development, sales and marketing leaders, working to identify opportunities for retention, upsell and acquisition
- Develop new packages and offerings for sponsors, working closely with events and creative partners
- Ensure efficient and smooth contracting and onboarding process by partnering with other internal stakeholders
- Manage the coordination and fulfillment of sponsorship deliverables, serving as the liaison between internal and external teams
- Attend events to cultivate relationships and gain insights into new potential sponsors
- Document and track sponsorship sales, maintaining extremely organized notes and solid internal communications
- Understand the marketing objectives of our partners and sponsors, and determine how Axon can help them achieve their goals
- Work with the performance marketing team to understand how sponsorship activities translate into key performance metrics
- Bachelor’s in marketing, business, communications or related discipline
- 5+ years of sponsorship, sales or account management experience
- Proven ability to drive revenue and manage successful partner relationships
- Project management experience taking something from start to finish with internal and external partners
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Exceptional listening skills; clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter personality and comfort with ambiguity
- Resourceful/scrappy, with an ability to deliver outsized results in light of inevitable resource constraints
- Win right mentality that upholds integrity while in pursuit of success
- Previous experience working with B2B or B2G partners
- Superior written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent people skills to interact with partners, colleagues, customers and cross-functional team
- Willingness to travel to events approximately once per quarter
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary with commissions
- 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.