Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Location: Seattle, WA
- Manage and mentor a talented group of engineers
- Review and contribute to design reviews and meetings
- Lead feature development for your team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- 3+ years of mobile-specific software engineering
- 3+ years of experience leading software developers building customer-facing software applications
- A track record of planning and delivering on multiple overlapping projects spanning several months
- Experience implementing an engineering process that emphasized security, availability, scalability, and operational discipline
- You distilled your people and team management practices into a set of models and principles that you regularly verbalize, apply, and improve
- You thrived in multi-functional organizations by building consensus and partnering with product management, UX design, security, and recruiting
- You have calibrated coding, system design and behavioral job interview questions that you used to hire top talent and quickly grow your team
- You maintained high performance standards by collecting objective metrics and peer feedback for performance evaluation and management
- You mentored junior and senior engineers, helping them understand themselves, influence others, and advance towards their career goals
- You established trust with senior leaders by aligning your priorities with theirs, providing timely, accurate, and succinct status updates, and helping other teams when needed
- You have kept your engineering skills sharp so you can review your team's code, evaluate design options, and provide high-level cost estimates
- You follow the latest in open source technologies and can intuit the fine line between a promising new practice and an overhyped fad
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.