Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon’s fast-paced growth over the past few years has coincided with huge increases in complexity and load in our product systems. We have reached an inflection point in how we monitor and observe our systems; we are moving beyond a handful of informally managed, loosely-connected monitoring tools to a more cohesive monitoring solution that works seamlessly in Kubernetes and VM-based infrastructure and integrates well into common tools and frameworks. You have strong experience in the observability space, and you will help to define, implement, and support monitoring infrastructure covering operational metrics, centralized logging, and distributed tracing for every product at Axon across multiple clouds and regions. You are someone who can learn and navigate the current Axon context and craft solutions that evolve existing systems in the direction of a long-term vision, capturing value incrementally along the way.
The consumers of observability tools at Axon are diverse, including software and hardware engineering teams, business intelligence, customer service, and information security. You have experience operating complex systems that are 24/7 critical and need clear service-level agreements (SLAs) that are backed up with operational procedures that guarantee the SLAs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years experience working on 24/7 high volume systems with zero-downtime requirement
- Some background in owning and operating observability infrastructure (metrics, logging, APM, tracing)
- Some background in observability of both VM-based and container-based workloads (Kubernetes is a plus)
- Experience managing the infrastructure and configuration of cloud-hosted services as code (Terraform, Puppet, Packer, Ansible, SaltStack, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Linux-based systems
- US citizenship (prerequisite to access our Federal system)
- Familiarity with Azure or AWS
- Familiarity with Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk, and other observability tools
- Experience working with container-based orchestration platforms (Kubernetes or similar)
- Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture.
- Experience in any of these common languages used at Axon: Python, Golang, JVM languages
- Experience working on Federal systems or other highly constrained environments
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.