Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
The Director of Revenue Operations with a focus on governance and quality, is intended to help us solve complex selling problems globally. We are looking for a leader who can help us with with operations, manufacturing and sales to improve how we sell and keep the start up, small business feel. This leader will own our sales tools, processes, and lead a series of strategic growth initiatives to help us penetrate and win new markets and with new products in existing markets.
Are you ready to make your mark on the world and save lives? Are you passionate about technology sales operations? Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced, winning team?
Axon is seeking a Director of Revenue Operations to lead our pricing, quoting, ordering and price book management functions. You are tasked with ensuring we keep up with the demand of increasing sales, thereby solidifying their business's position in the market. Expertise in quote to cash processes and tools will be necessary to ensure the team support sales in provide top level support for how efficiently and effective Axon sells. You will need a customer and sales-centric attitude as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a fast moving and often ambiguous environment. You will become an expert in Axon's products, pricing, and sales programs, and work with sales leaders and product managers to ensure the teams focus on ease of commerce. Your efforts will directly impact revenue-earning business activities, and you will frequently juggle multiple high-priority deadline-driven projects at once.
This position reports to the VP of Sales Operations, in the Sales Operations department. In addition to working routinely with sales reps and leadership, you will also work closely with other teams in sales operations as well as others in finance, product management, and IT to support sales transactions.
At Axon, our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission, to protect life and truth. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment where people can succeed and enjoy coming to work every day.
Your Day to Day:
- Develop and manage KPIs and reporting that further leadership visibility to all necessary information in ‘best’ commercial business decision making; improve organization transparency to deals.
- Actively own and coordinate daily quote and order priorities and be accountable for the teams completing all work assignments within agreed to SLAs for Sales Team
- Provide expert guidance to Field Sales in the areas of deal structuring, pricing, and contract management.
- Participate in deal reviews with Sales/Sales Leadership to help drive Account-Level strategy on pricing/deal structuring
- Managing, mentoring, and fostering a synergy within the team and thinking of creative ways to challenge and uplift the team.
- Working with Sales, Field Operations, and Legal throughout the contract process and providing suggestions and assistance in order to ensure proper processing, including but not limited to contract red line review and negotiations.
- Effectively resolving and championing questions arising between internal processes and customer needs.
- work on issues that impact selling success by providing insights to improve and enhance processes to drive a smoother, easier, and frictionless experience.
- Design and implement a business operating system to increase sales organization understanding of impact of deals (individually and collectively) within the Axon portfolio.
- Assist in designing and building a deal desk function within the organization to support custom deal reviews and financial analysis
- Support Sales Market Leaders and Sales Operations VP with insights into team performance and what products we are quoting as inputs into inventory management and demand planning
- Partner with Sales Leaders, Sales Operations Strategy Team and IT to develop performance reporting analytics, sales technology/CRM, sales effectiveness, customer experience and segment/channel strategy.
- Manage operational improvement processes to help support the development of growth market
- Stay current on segment/channel portfolio and market, competition, and trends including analyzing current commercial tactics, concepts, practices and procedures
- Directly manage various improvement projects and ensure successful outcomes
- Support the New Product introduction function with managing of price books and participating in SKU in bundle definition decisions and cleaning up of SKUs in the system
- Undergraduate degree in business or finance, or similar field
- 8-10 years of professional experience within the technology industry with a focus on sales, process improvements, IT, finance, pricing, quality. Other industries acceptable if able to demonstrate relevant correlation
- Demonstrated ability to work in, across, and with large teams
- Demonstrated project management experience for a broad range of topics and scope, including experience in large scale project management
- Established track-record of influencing stakeholders from other functional areas with limited formal authority
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfort communicating across all levels within the organization
- Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Suite product knowledge (e.g., Powerpoint, Excel)
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Proven verbal and written communication
- Positive attitude
- Masters degree from a top rated university
- MBA preferred
- Experience in both the start up world and in more mature, established company
- Experience with global sales processes and practices
- PMP or other project management certification - AGILE, SCRUM, etc
- Experience in sales
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.