Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon Records is our state-of-the-art records management system. As a Senior Product Manager for the Records Experience, you will drive core features of our product and enable the success of our customers, partners, and Axon’s strategic transformation into a software product organization. We are looking for an experienced product manager with a track record of defining and executing complex software deliverables across multiple teams and job roles. You’ll be responsible for delivering user research-based guidance to our engineering squads as they build out critical workflows for users of our system. You’ll work collaboratively with product managers, product designers, engineers, and our Sales and marketing teams to own delivery of a high-quality, enterprise-ready system. As our program progresses, you’ll be at the heart of capturing product feedback on the system as we deploy it to beta users across the country. You’ll prioritize that feedback, plan updates, and ready the overall system for launch.
- Direct and guide the software product vision, communicate to the cross-functional team, and evolve it based on interactions with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Work with our engineering teams to balance scope, functionality, performance, and time-to-market.
- Creatively generate solutions to a wide range of technical, work flow, and business problems.
- Gather quantitative and qualitative data from the market and end users.
- Make data-driven decisions when possible and fall back on well-supported intuition when data is not available.
- Problem solve within constraints that truly exist and break through constraints that don’t actually exist.
- Operate with autonomy while proactively reducing ambiguity for your team and your cross-functional peers.
- Set performance metrics for the most important functions of the products, and work with the team to measure and achieve them.
- 7+ years relevant Software Product Management experience, ideally shipping complex, multi-product/system solutions with SaaS components.
- Experience solving complex user interaction problems with creative solutions.
- Direct experience working with engineers to balance scope, time to market, and functionality, constantly making trade-offs using qualitative and quantitative absent data.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, well-structured written and verbal communication.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related technical field.
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally when necessary (15%).
- A proven track record of delivering successful products that achieve key business outcomes.
- You have real-world experience with each of the expectations listed in section entitled “Your Day to Day.”
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.