Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
- Contribute towards Axon Devices Firmware on LTE, GNSS (Location Services), WIFI, Bluetooth and Proprietary RF
- Firmware design and development of wireless software for our next generation products
- Work with distributed software and hardware teams
- Collaborate with the hardware team and vendors to optimize for connectivity use cases while meeting other key performance parameters.
- Work with Compliance, Carrier Certification teams on tools, configurations etc.. for compliance and regulatory certification.
- Communicate with quality & validation teams to verify the end-to-end customer experience is exceeding expectations using automated testing and telemetry analysis
- Responsibility for unit and system testing
- BA/BS in Computer Science or BA/BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Past experience of at least 4-5 years specifically in developing wireless software on embedded linux with real world experience of deploying wireless products and troubleshooting issues
- Basic ability to read datasheets, schematics and understand electronic circuitry
- Exposure to Yocto, OpenWRT and other embedded distros
- Familiarity with one or more wireless software stacks - LTE, WIFI, Bluetooth, GNSS, or any proprietary RF stack for Cellular and IoT type devices
- Experience in embedded C/C++ with familiarity in Python, Go or Rust.
- Experience in Embedded Linux.
- Familiar in the different areas of firmware development: BSP porting, device drivers
- Good understanding of networking concepts (Ethernet, TCP/IP, etc.) and corresponding performance metrics
- Strong understanding of: Kernel and driver development, Android porting, threads, inter-process communications, and profiling
- Strong understanding of computer architecture & peripherals
- Emphasis on self-diagnostic code via robust fault detection, reporting, and recovery
- Documentation of design/interface specifications and architecture
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.