Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Location: Remote position in Mexico, Panama, or Colombia
Are you ready to make your mark on the world and save lives? Do you want to be part of a fast-paced, winning team?
Axon is seeking an experienced Operations Support Specialist to support our Latin America region. The Latin America team is a fast-growing team. We’re a scrappy set of individuals dedicated to supporting Public Safety in the region - this is an opportunity to contribute in a growth area of the Axon team. You will be responsible for all aspects of support for sales operations and helping evolve the operations of the team. The position involves accurately processing customer orders, capturing special instructions, and interacting with internal logistics as well as in-country customs agents to ensure our products reach our law enforcement customers efficiently. We’re looking for a self-starter to successfully operate within a very dynamic order process to help expand our reach globally.
The primary objectives for this position are data entry, time-sensitive order processing, record verification, providing logistics support, and assisting with special projects. This is an opportunity to go above and beyond the day-to-day and initiate your own projects to anticipate and solve for high-growth challenges and improve processes.
At Axon, our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission, to protect life. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment where people can be successful and enjoy coming to work every day.
- Self-starter that enjoys working remotely
- Find innovative ways to fix problems and build processes
- Driven to exceed results in fast-growing market
- Team player with a “get-it-done” attitude
- Ability to wear multiple hats
- Responsible for own scheduling and territory management
- Quickly, efficiently, and accurately process orders into order entry system. Orders need to be processed within 24 hours and will require coordinating with the sales team to accurately and succinctly capture special instructions.
- Assist the team with executing special instructions, which may include capturing weights and dimensions of every product per box and boxes per pallet and listing on shipping documentation, listing specific entities or information in Bill To and Ship To sections of forms, conducting partial or complete shipments per a specific schedule, releasing products against pre-payment or payment terms, ensuring shipments land on a specific day or date. Ensuring these special instructions were properly executed (and correcting where needed) will lead to smooth on-time deliveries with minimal risk to import licenses or contractual obligations
- Sync weekly with sales team and product team to ensure sales forecasts are being properly maintained and that the product team is planning manufacturing in order meet demand and delivery timelines for all of the customers in the region. This will also require de-conflicting with other sales team across the company.
- Assist distributor and government customers with processing of returns and warranty claims. Own the process from initial claim, through return of product, RMA replacement, shipping or replacement and final delivery.
- Work with logistics team to promptly produce shipping documents (e.g. commercial invoices, packing lists, AWBs/tracking, etc.) and deliver to corresponding sales team members, distributors and customs agents.
- Become a subject matter expert in shipping, customs and delivery requirements for every country in the region. Work closely with sales and distributor teams to build an order and processing “playbook” for our main markets and customers.
- Coordinate with 3PL to stage, prepare, and execute shipments (while following to special instructions). This will include inspect label, barcodes and other features of completed orders. Work closely with 3PL to ensure they are reporting stock properly, optimizing storage for efficiency and cost, and adhering to legal requirements (such as Dangerous Goods, HAZMAT, Export Administration Regulations) as well as company policies.
- Own the relationship with carriers and coordinate to ensure pick-up and delivery times are strictly adhered to. Respond promptly to any changes or issues that arise to minimize impact on delivery timeline and risks to custom clearance.
The Operations Support Specialist is going to be a key member of the Axon Latin America & Caribbean team with the primary responsibility of providing the highest quality service and support to the sales members of the team as well as the customers who will be receiving Axon products. In addition, the OSS will follow the regional sales organization directives in order to complete special projects that will be critical to customer success and Axon’s future.
- Visa to travel within the region and the U.S.
- Must be willing and able to travel 10-25% (Post-COVID)
- Fluent in English and Spanish (Portuguese is a plus)
- Experience with CRM platforms (preferably Salesforce)
- Familiarity with ERP platforms (preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX)
- Experience with data entry where attention to detail was critical
- Prior experience working in a logistics or warehouse department
- Prior experience working with (or in) a distribution center, customs agency, or 3PL (preferably in LatAm)
- Prior experience working with or in a free-trade-zone or other special economic zone in LatAm
- Knowledge of import and customs requirements in major LatAm markets (Mexico, Brazil, Colombia)
- Deep knowledge of documentation required for shipping and importation (i.e. commercial invoices, packing slips, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficient in project and collaboration tools (i.e Quip, Seismic, Slack)
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.