Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Why work at Axon?
Do it because you’ll have the chance to make a difference in public safety, so that everyone can get home safe. The chance to work with super-cool technology? That’s a bonus.
You will be part of a critical team that designs life-saving technology. You will work with a team of talented electrical, mechanical, test, quality, and manufacturing engineers to create exciting next generation De-Escalation Devices. You will also improve the reliability, performance, and manufacturability of existing De-Escalation Devices.
- Manage a team of talented Mechanical Engineers and Lab Technicians
- Lead new product development and continuous improvement projects
- Ensure quality of mechanical engineering deliverables for new product design and current production improvement projects
- Provide technical guidance to engineering team for mechanical components & system design
- Provide disposition of design changes and deviations for current production products
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of product design experience in high-end consumer electronic products
- Skilled with building high performing teams
- Proven record of launching products from Concept to Production
- Experience implementing continuous improvement projects for current production products
- Experience with high volume manufacturing and assembly
- Knowledge with PDM/PLM systems
- Strong DFM/DFA skills, with emphasis on part/assembly tolerance management, to ensure robust designs for high volume manufacturing
- Knowledgeable in design of plastic injection molded part designs, electro-mechanical integration, adhesive bonded joints, metal stamped parts designs, die-cast part designs, and machined part designs.
- Proven ability to balance conflicting design constraints through analysis, testing, and creativity
- Experience with PCB/PCBA flex circuit mechanical integration
- Experience preserving Industrial Design artistic intent in mechanical design implementation
- Experience with designing for high levels of dust/water ingress protection
- Ability to collaborate with peers in a candid cross functional team culture
- Proven success in a fast-paced, high technology environment with tight deadlines
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5+ years technical management experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Due to the nature of Axon’s products and technology, certain job-related technical data is subject to U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR). In order for certain Non-U.S. Persons to access this technology/data, Axon must apply for and be issued a deemed export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce. Any Non-U.S. Person is subject to deemed export regulations except a Non-U.S. Person who (1) is granted U.S. Permanent Resident status, as demonstrated by the issuance of a permanent resident visa (i.e., Green Card); or (2) is granted U.S. citizenship; or (3) is granted status as a protected person (i.e., Asylee or Refugee) under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.