Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
The Quality System Manager has total ownership and accountability for the development and maintenance of Axon’s Quality Management System and its certification to relevant Quality System standards, such as ISO 9001. He/She is the architect of the QMS and its effective execution. He/She is the subject matter expert on the interpretation and the practical application of the requirements of the ISO 9001 international standard within the business framework and operation of Axon. Reports to Sr Director, Global Quality.
- Lead the planning, preparation and execution of quality system audits, both internal and external, including the follow up of any nonconformance and closure of associated corrective actions
- Coordinate and carry-out the planning, preparation and execution of periodic management reviews with senior leadership to ensure the continual effectiveness and suitability of the QMS, including the closure of any identified actions arising from such reviews
- SME in the interpretation of ISO 9001 requirements and best industry practices to facilitate the development of business processes and procedures, and maintenance thereof. As necessary, lead the creation of the necessary processes and procedures
- Lead the corrective and preventive action management of internal and external QMS findings, including opportunities for improvement (OFI):
- Issuing corrective actions as necessary;
- Driving root cause and corrective action with process owners;
- Assisting with the closure and follow up of associated corrective & preventive actions
- Architect and owner of the QMS documentation control system, including all related procedures, work instructions, templates/forms and associated records/artifacts
- Raise awareness of QMS and Quality Policy; provide training to New Hires of Axon’s QMS and training of internal auditors, as needed
- Support other Quality Management System initiatives, as required
- This position will also manage and supervise the Change Control function for the AXON Scottsdale location. The change control process is to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the product documentation structure and consists of a group of 2 Configuration Control Analysts and 2 Configuration Specialists
- Other duties include overseeing the Calibration requirements for the Quality, RMA, Reliability and Validation departments and supervising a Quality Specialist and Calibration Technician.
- Bachelor's degree in Quality, Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical engineering. Advanced degree, preferred.
- Certified ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor
- 5-7 years’ experience minimum serving as Quality System Manager or equivalent capacity
- Certified ASQ CQM/OE and CQA
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience of people management
- Blend of experience with both large scale MNC of electromechanical systems with well-defined, structured QMS, as well as smaller scale electromechanical manufacturers with more agile and adaptable QMS, preferred
- Demonstrated experience in business process development and documentation writing (procedures and work instructions)
- Well versed and proficient in the use of the latest modern documentation control systems, workflow management systems, PLM and other enterprise/business and PC applications
- In depth knowledge of the product life cycle process
Capabilities and competencies:
- Ability to operate in a highly dynamic environment to juggle multiple priorities, to react quickly to emergencies and where processes and procedures are not well defined or documented
- Highly organized and detail oriented with strong initiative and follow-through
- Willingness and ability to work in a global, multi-site company to do what is necessary to get the job done or to fulfill urgent tasks
- Predisposed to action with a strong sense of ownership with “not on my watch” mentality
- Self-directed with a proactive mindset to not only identify problems but lead teams to solve them
- Process thinker that can apply his/her knowledge of quality management systems to create and implement practical solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, especially in the realm of process documentation writing
- Strong persuasions skills. Ability to work well with others and put others at ease - to be able to cite nonconformances and offer improvement ideas without making others feel defensive
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.