Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Location: Remote United States in the Central Time Zone
Axon is the developer and manufacturer of conducted electrical weapons, body worn cameras, and digital evidence management solutions. By successfully applying technical solutions to age old problems in law enforcement, the Axon team has redefined public safety around the globe. We are a team of passionate and dedicated professionals who desire to disrupt our industry, to protect life, with our products.
Axon is seeking a high-energy, results driven Technical Solutions Engineer. This individual will play an instrumental role in deploying Axon solutions in a complex customer environment. We need a self-starter who excels in a high-paced, evangelistic startup environment, focusing on law enforcement, and thrives on pitching deployment strategies to leadership as well as support staff and users.
Your Day to Day
• Achieve mastery of all Axon technologies / products
• Use exceptional written and oral communication skills to lead business and technical presentations effectively, demonstrations and conversations with Chiefs of law enforcement agencies, as well as channel partner leadership and technical stakeholders
• Troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation.
• Have a mastery of Axon API’s
• Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles
• Have a good understanding of SaaS cloud especially Azure
• Preferred to have implementation knowledge of AD, Azure AD and single sign-on
• Demonstrated knowledge of TCP, IPv4/6, Routing Protocols, and related network services (DHCP, DNS)
• Document customer implementations and configurations.
• Set and manage expectations with senior stake-holders and team members
• Remain organized and focused on removing complex deployment obstacles through creativity and adaptation to rapidly changes circumstances
• Develop relationships with key partners for growth within their customer base
• Take ownership of the POC/Pilot process: Coordinate logistics across all stakeholders, assess customer deployment requirements/objectives, and tailor POC tests and findings, accordingly, assist prospects with initial configuration and orientation
• Where possible, improve or develop technical documentation to ease understanding and customer or channel usage of our products and services
• Capture requested features and provide feedback to Product Management, Sales, Development, Support, Engineering and Marketing teams
• Engage with customers through regular calls and business reviews as a technical solution expert
• Manage complex escalations closely with your Customer Success and Support team members
• Conduct training webinars to discuss technical and business workflows related to their current Axon product suite
• Develop a deep understanding of Axon’s product line and ensure proper product implementation in every customer’s environment
• Learn and share industry best practices in order to solve customer needs
• Collaborate closely with Support, Product and Engineering to ensure the needs of Axon’s customers are communicated and acted upon internally
• Ability to work remote with up to 50% travel
• Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in engineering or computer science field
• Must have intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and positive approach
• Good hands on experience with security, IPsec, InfoSec, hacking and exploitation tools and methodologies.
• Ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort.
• Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort.
• Strong presentation skills and presence, technical acumen, ability to simplify the complex, working cross-functionally.
• 5+ of Technical sales/sales engineering/deployment experience
• 5+ year of experience in a SaaS environment
• 5+ years of experience in networking and telecommunication. Complimentary sales roles in public safety or government (preferred)
• 5+ years of network engineering
• Experience in working with complex customer environments
• Intermediate knowledge of routing and switching methodologies, telecommunications, and Internet technologies.
• Intermediate knowledge of virtualization and virtual machines
• Network and Telecommunication-specific professional certifications, such as but not limited to: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIE-ENT, ComTIA Network+, WCNA, etc.
• Virtualization-specific professional certifications, such as but not limited to: VCA-DCV, VCP-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCP-Cloud
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.