Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
How can you help change the world for the better? Let’s start at the beginning. When you were little, you were obsessed with making every event perfect. From your booth at the science fair to your Halloween party and everything in between, you made sure it was an experience worth remembering. The playlist had to be just right. The lighting needed to convey the mood. Transitions are everything. Food is everything. Nothing can be boring. You envisioned the entire thing in your head and then made it happen. And now, you’ve taken that obsession into the big kid world. You’re a multi-tasking expert with a left brain/right brain approach to events designed to inform and delight. You button up every line item in Excel while leading a team to button down every last detail before the curtain rises and the trade show floor opens. Why the obsession? Because people matter and need to feel appreciated and inspired to leave a legacy greater than themselves. And that's how you're going to help change the world for the better.
Axon is looking for a Sr. Director of Events to inspire us and our customers with groundbreaking, memorable experiences. This person will lead a team to develop a wide range of events, from regional roadshows, to innovative tradeshows to mega conferences both domestically and globally. We need a master plate-spinner to lead a team and think through all the strategic details to pull off a memorable, on-budget event.
- Create consistent and meaningful customer experiences with each interaction with the ability to show ROI on every interaction
- Lead, manage and mentor a high-performing team of event marketers to ensure goals and audience expectations are always exceeded, and the Axon brand is well represented
- Drive economies of scale across the events team and resources that can be extended across multiple events
- Build blueprints for regional/international teams to be able to replicate domestic event strategies while serving as their support partner
- Maintain a network of partners to assist with various aspects of event management, including venue sourcing, production, branding, sponsorship and onsite logistics.
- Track ROI, engagement, and audience feedback to measure results, assess opportunities for improvement, and optimize future events
- 8+ years experience preferred in large scale B2C events and/or major marketing activations with clear understanding and ability to develop and execute events from start to finish
- A strong focus on the community/customer and client/partner experience
- Exemplary executive presence and communication skills.
- Provocative idea generator, resourceful, self-starter, comfortable working autonomously with a strong sense of urgency and work ethic
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with an ability to manage resources, budgets, and teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to stakeholders.
- A well-developed “team oriented” business perspective, bring a positive attitude to the team and job each day
- Ability to stand for upwards of 8 hours a day; as well as lift, carry, move packages and materials up-to-50 lbs on a regular basis; with or without special accommodations, is required
- Extensive travel and extended work hours may be required; anticipated (30-50% of travel)
- Experiential marketing experience within large scale sports, music or consumer activations
Compensation And Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.