Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
The AXON Internship Program is designed to develop emerging professionals by providing them unique opportunities to impact the world. As a Finance/Accounting intern, you will join a group of amazing leaders who are passionate about their work and ability to drive our mission. You will have ownership on a project that will give you the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the organization and to our customers worldwide. Apply the skills and knowledge you’ve learned in school in a corporate environment. No idea is too far out of reach, and we embrace our interns’ voices and diverse perspectives. Connect with experienced mentors and corporate leaders, grow your problem-solving and leadership skills, and dedicate your summer to protecting life.
12-week summer internship in areas such as General Ledger Accounting, Revenue Accounting or Financial Planning & Analysis
- Assist with monthly and quarterly close activities, reconciliations and reporting processes
- You will prepare and book journal entries to ensure the appropriate accounting treatment
- Manage data integrity and preparation of financial information to ensure completeness, accuracy, timeliness and accessibility
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and business case modeling as per business requirements
- Bring a fresh viewpoint to help identify ways to improve the processes and efficiency as we move through a phase of rapid growth and technology change
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.2 or above
- Juniors preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or in teams
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and passionate for continuous improvement
- Exposure to leadership and subject matter experts
- Mentorship and networking
- Priority consideration for Axon’s Leadership Development Program for college graduates
- Community service activities
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Diversity and Inclusion Affinity Groups
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.