Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As a Software Engineer on the Axon Air team, you’ll be working on core platform features that will power Axon Air. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include building core backend services, delivering new features to support integration with our drone partners, and collaborating with the platform team to deliver new authentication capabilities to support our growing ecosystem of users and hardware devices.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is good at executing on large projects, and isn't afraid to make big changes to fundamental aspects of our code. You should have basic knowledge of software design and micro-service architecture. As you will be collaborating with the platform team to deliver new capabilities that support not just Axon Air, but also other systems, strong communication and documentation skills are a must to be able to explain what changes you're making and why and help other teams to adopt your systems.
The Axon Air team is bringing together the right hardware, software, training, and ethical guidelines to accelerate the adoption of unmanned aerial systems and autonomous devices across law enforcement and public safety. These systems will enable search and rescue missions, tactical operations, accident scene reconstruction, and first response, all of which have the real ability to save lives.
Sound exciting? Check out this short video to learn more about what we’re building, and apply now to join our team as we make this a reality.
- Participating in code reviews and architecture/design meetings
- Owning and driving end-to-end features with Product and Design
- Ensuring that your code hits a high bar for quality and performance
- Working with like-minded people who are passionate about our mission
- Working with the latest open source technologies
- Good computer science backgrounds (programming, data structure, algorithm)
- 2+ years experience in developing & maintaining software end-to-end
- Ability to work autonomous and collaborate with another team members
- Backend experience in Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar languages
- Attention to quality, experience with unit testing and integration testing
- Clear communication in English
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies, and can intuit the fine line between promising new practice and overhyped fad
- Industry experience working with SQL or NoSQL data stores
- Good Linux/Unix/Mac experience
- You love delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems
- You write beautiful, simple, maintainable APIs for web applications
- Solid understanding about low level programming language
- Hands on experience in video processing field
Compensation & Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies and work with top engineers in the world
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.