Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Location: Washington DC Area/Remote (Up to 70% travel)
Are you a techie and a self-starter who is always on the lookout for issues? Can you come up with novel solutions to new challenges and processes that don’t have an apparent or obvious answer?
If so, being our Federal Support Engineer is perfect for you! You are an authority on all Axon products & services, and onsite “embedded” with a law enforcement agency providing support Monday through Friday. Given how critical your role is, you will also be ready to be called on by the agency for help at any moment. You are the “boots on the ground,” primary point of support, that may include deploying the next new system to getting the troops schooled up on the latest products.
- Setup and deployment of all Axon Products (SW, Apps and Devices)
- Maintaining the Agency’s Evidence.com account
- Conducting on-site trainings on new features and products for the agency’s leadership team(s)
- Thoroughly documenting issues and workflows and suggesting new workflows to improve effectiveness of the Axon program
- Providing on-site support for Axon products and their supporting infrastructures
- Proactively monitoring the health of Axon equipment and providing “white glove” RMA support
- Recording and tracking agency feature requests and major bugs
- Connecting the Agency to “Early Access” programs for new products
- Supporting customer post deployment to ensure customer satisfaction
- Completing customer data information sheets for monthly tracking.
- US Citizenship
- Minimum of 4 years in a customer facing/technical support (troubleshooting) role
- Single Scope Background Investigation
- Strong and proven track record of successfully managing customer relationships and technical projects
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Networking and Active Directory
- Understanding of SAAS, Cloud providers/solutions, Virtualization, Storage
- Experience with Reverse Engineering, searching logs and root cause analysis
- Strong knowledge of routing and switching methodologies, Wi-Fi, telecommunications, and Internet technologies
- Knowledge of computer hardware (i.e. server deployment), operating systems, and storage devices
- Knowledge of body-worn camera implementation
- Ability to move adjust to changing environments and customer demands.
- Unmatched analytical, strategic, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively communicate with various people including customers, colleagues, and across departments
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- JIRA, and Microsoft Dynamics knowledge
- Knowledge of CCTV, VMS, and IP cameras
- Experience working closely with a sales and support team
- Experience working and supporting law enforcement or the military
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.