Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Digital Evidence Management Systems are key to officer efficiency and Axon’s mobile applications, View and Capture, play critical roles in evidence acquisition. Axon View interacts with body-worn cameras to display live camera streams, or to view and tag previously-collected evidence. Axon Capture collects digital evidence (photos, videos, audio) and uploads to evidence.com for later processing.
As a senior mobile developer on our team, you’ll ensure our codebases interact with platform SDKs related to photos, videos, audio, file management, networking, WiFi and bluetooth. You’ll write code that interacts with custom-made devices, such as Axon Body-Worn Cameras. You’ll ensure our codebase is performant and meets the highest data privacy standards.
You are a Senior Mobile App Developer
You’ve created mobile applications for years. You know the platform inside and out and you remember how it has changed over the years. You’re familiar with key frameworks and technologies important to our applications (Networking, Bluetooth, WiFi, Photo, Video).
You drive engineering efforts to completion. You evaluate, plan, estimate, communicate and collaborate. You ramp up quickly, solve problems and resolve ambiguity. You are ready to candidly and respectfully share your wisdom and knowledge for the betterment of our team, our code and our product.
- Design, implement and maintain features within Axon View, Axon Capture, and related shared libraries.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies.
- Collaborate within the Scrum team to ensure we hit our sprint goals, collaborate with other groups to ensure we build and ship the “right” thing.
- Bachelors in Computer Science
- 5+ years shipping high-quality iOS applications
- Mastery of historical Objective-C, strongly competent in Swift
- Strong track record of delivering solid code on a schedule
- SDKs: experience related to Bluetooth, WiFi, Networking, Camera (Photo/Video), Audio, File Management, UI, connecting to and interacting with third party hardware
- CI/CD: experience creating and managing automation and integration
- Toolchain: Cocoapods
- Flutter: SDK use, integration in existing mobile apps, CI/CD
Compensations and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies (Macbook, Keyboard...)
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Badminton, pingpong, board-game activities
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.