Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As Axon's Corporate Counsel, you will report directly to our Head of EMEA Legal and serve as an in-house attorney. As a legal partner to business teammates, you will handle transactional legal matters and projects, research and advise on legal rights and duties, and assist in regulatory and compliance matters.
- Assist Axon’s business organizations and act as the Legal team’s lead in negotiating transactions, with initial focus on customer sales contracts
- Improve operational processes to help the Legal team accommodate more complexity and growth in Axon
- Support development, implementation, and maintenance of contract lifecycle management system
- Drive compliance efforts related to various company policies
- Advise on regulatory compliance for business organizations
- Research and advise on corporate governance practices, including international subsidiary establishment and maintenance
- Perform general legal research and analyze associated impact on the company
- LLB from an accredited law school with outstanding academic credentials
- LLM or admission to the Bar of an EU/EEA state
- Minimum of 3 years of corporate, transactional, and compliance experience
- Bias for action
- Pass-first attitude
- Intellectual horsepower
- Excellent research, writing, analytical, negotiation, communication, and presentation skills
- Proven experience drafting and negotiating transactions
- Analytical, administrative and managerial skills and ability
- Excellent attention to detail, self-starter, and ability to work independently
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and contract lifecycle management systems
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment
- Success working as part of a team and ability to handle multiple projects and assignments
- Fluency in English and at least one more European language
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, benefits, and 401K with employer match
- 30 vacation days per year
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.