Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
You will help us enhance Axon's corporate and product security posture by hardening our system boundaries and help to keep us a few steps ahead of evil-doers. You will select and build advanced tooling to enable our workforce and services to operate in an efficient and secure manner. You will be the advocate of these best practices to foster a culture of security, mentor and train less-experienced information security staff, and act as a force-multiplier within the organization.
- Act as the point person for systems under your sphere of influence
- Own the security of our corporate security systems and keep the security management systems in good health
- Make architectural decisions that impact the company at large
- Review proposed systems and services and make suggestions beyond just the minimum effort
- Survey the backlog of projects, prioritize appropriately, and shepherd solutions through with persistence
- 2+ years professional experience
- Ability to think creatively about potential attack vectors, and propose creative solutions
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-stress situations - often with deadlines
- Understanding of current and emerging issues with technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities, threats, and attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Ability to translate complex issues in technology to language understandable by a wide range of audiences
- Passionate about security; involved in the security community
- Experience in developing or researching technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams in designing and implementing complex security solutions from the identification of a need to guiding it into a fully-operationalized, well-oiled process
- Experience across a variety of Information Security and technology disciplines - from infrastructure to applications
- Experience with secure OS (Windows, Linux, MacOS) configurations/management and the operation and management of systems developed to secure them such as anti-virus, endpoint detection and response, mobile security and management, etc
- Experience with secure network architectures, subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs and other network routing methods and web related protocols as well as the operation and management of systems developed to secure them such as intrusion prevention systems, network access control, mail security, etc
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Powershell, etc to help facilitate automation whenever possible.
- Experience with automated vulnerability scanning and network penetration testing.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.