Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Location: Seattle, WA
Every single day we pursue our mission: to protect life and make a positive change in the world with state-of-the-art devices and services. We truly believe in what we do, and welcome others who share our passion.
You will oversee the devices team for Connected Devices managing the full development lifecycle – analysis, design, development, testing and deployment. You will work closely with technical leads to help ensure quality, consistency, and reliability for the body work cameras. You will be responsible for hiring great engineers and provide mentorship and career guidance to the existing teams. You will be working closely with the other teams in Connected Devices (Backend, In-Car Cameras, Armory, Mobile and Desktop clients, etc...).Should you join the team, you will be surrounded by like-minded people who are passionate about our mission to protect life.
We believe we can only succeed if we deeply understand our customers and get to know them personally. We spend time with law enforcement officers to learn about their needs, watch their experience and see the real impact of our work. Your first ride-along with a patrol officer will forever change your perception of what their job is, and what the city is like.
- 3+ years of experience leading teams building customer-facing software applications
- 3+ years of experience working on device software
- 6+ years experience in designing and developing software
- A track record of planning and delivering on multiple overlapping projects spanning several months
- Experience implementing an engineering process that emphasized security, availability, scalability, and operational discipline
- You distilled your people and team management practices into a set of models and principles that you regularly verbalize, apply, and improve
- You thrived in multi-functional organizations by building consensus and partnering with product management, UX design, security, and recruiting
- You have calibrated coding, system design and behavioral job interview questions that you used to hire top talent and quickly grow your team
- You maintained high performance standards by collecting objective metrics and peer feedback for performance evaluation and management
- You mentored junior and senior engineers, helping them understand themselves, influence others, and advance towards their career goals
- You established trust with senior leaders by aligning your priorities with theirs, providing timely, accurate, and succinct status updates, and helping other teams when needed
- You have kept your engineering skills sharp so you can review your team's code, evaluate design options, and provide high-level cost estimates
- You follow the latest in open source technologies and can intuit the fine line between a promising new practice and an overhyped fad
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.