Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
You will be part of a critical team that ensures life-saving technology can be manufactured reliably and consistently.
You will work with a team of talented electrical, mechanical, test, quality, and manufacturing engineers to create exciting next generation De-Escalation Device, Training, and Video Products.
- Design & develop creative solutions to complex problems related to Virtual and Augmented Reality training
- Perform engineering analysis and testing to evaluate product & component durability, reliability, and performance
- Maintain & improve product design documentation such as CAD models, drawings, test specifications, analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of product design experience in high-end consumer electronic products
- Strong DFM/DFA skills, with emphasis on part/assembly tolerance management, to ensure robust designs for high volume manufacturing
- Knowledgeable in design of plastic injection molded part designs, electro-mechanical integration, adhesive bonded joints, metal stamped parts designs, die-cast part designs, and machined part designs.
- Proven ability to balance conflicting design constraints through analysis, testing, and creativity
- Experience with PCB/PCBA flex circuit mechanical integration
- Experience preserving Industrial Design artistic intent in mechanical design implementation
- Experience with designing for high levels of dust/water ingress protection
- Ability to collaborate with peers in a candid cross functional team culture
- Proven success in a fast-paced, high technology environment with tight deadlines
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years experience with Creo
- Track record of applying FEA with correlated lab testing
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.