Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
You're a Product Marketing Manager (PMM) who knows how to find the message in any product. You see it clearly - that crisp handful of words that boils down the complexity of your product into something compelling and unchallenged. You love understanding the competition and outsmarting their every move. You can keenly look at a market and understand how our products can be positioned to win, with the ability to seamlessly move between strategy and tactical execution. You're fascinated by experimentation, testing, and iteration. You're scrappy and unconventional. And most importantly, you know how to connect with customers.
Pretty standard, right?
The difference here is the mission. We're building technology to transform the criminal justice system and positively affect every stakeholder along the way. From prosecutors, defense attorneys, victims, and the accused, you'll be making an important difference in this critical aspect of society. This is an amazing opportunity similar to a start-up but with the backing of a global brand meaning you'll be able to move fast but have the resources needed to really make an impact.
As for Axon, the benefits, compensation and infrastructure won't feel like a startup, but everything else will. We are an amazingly agile, consistently innovative, mission-driven organization. We have an incredibly strong team, a stellar balance sheet, strong market position and a high growth trajectory. And we're just getting started.
Your Day to Day
- Own Go-to-Market – you will be in charge of developing, executing, measuring, reporting and fine-tuning your product strategy as you drive adoption at each stage of the life-cycle.
- Know the Market – you are obsessed about customers, how they buy and their buying criteria; you are the authority on your competition and how to leapfrog them. You understand how to war-game, and run effective competitive campaigns, and have the battle scars to prove it.
- Tell a Story – you will be in charge of product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products to our customers in compelling ways. You will aim far and are willing to break the rules of communication to get the job done.
- Communicate Results – you will dive deep into data and create a framework to measure ROI effectiveness for all of you GTM programs, track results and continually optimize.
- Packaging – you understand the need for things to make sense across a bold and unique product portfolio. And you know how to work cross functionally with sales and product colleagues to generate excitement for your vision of how things should be.
- Bachelor’s in marketing or related discipline
- 5+ years of product marketing experience, ideally at a SaaS company
- Proven ability to drive comprehensive market and competitive research
- Experience developing pricing models
- Experience extending a brand into an adjacent market
- Exceptional listening skills; clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Empathy for customers, and passion for helping them
- Self-starter personality and comfort with ambiguity
- Resourceful/scrappy - ability to deliver outsized results in light of inevitable resource constraints
- Start up or entrepreneurial experience (i.e. previous 0 to 1 experience)
- Proven ability to convey complex concepts in simple terms
- Superior written communication skills - you should be a master storyteller
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, customers, cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Willingness for some business travel
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.