Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Real Time Communications in Public Safety
While enterprise collaboration has experienced a sea change in the past 10 years (think Zoom, Slack, and a bevy of role and domain specific tools), public safety has largely been left behind. Though police officers, firefighters, and emergency medical services personnel put themselves in harm’s way on a daily basis, their ability to communicate and coordinate is hampered by disjointed systems, arcane user interfaces, and technology that was implemented before (and without) modern product design and technology. The news is full of examples of first responders lacking critical information, which leads to less-than-ideal outcomes.
Axon is in a unique position to address this problem. As the the largest provider of de-escalation training and the creator of the world’s first LTE-connected body camera, we are leading the charge to connect first responders, enable them to make more intelligent decisions, and ultimately save more lives. To that end, the Real Time Operations team is creating a new product category that integrates voice, text, and video communications into a lightning-fast collaboration toolset. Like all teams at Axon, we value transparency and bias for action, and are looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join us in pulling the future forward into today.
You will drive the roadmap for the Axon’s Real-Time Operations platform, the “hub” of our product, enabling rapid, reliable, and rich transmission of information to first responders to empower them to make the decisions that save lives. You will work directly with first responders and public safety agencies to deeply understand their needs and create and own a vision for the real-time operations platform itself, including the components needed to deliver on its mission and vision. You will work with the real-time operations platform engineering team to technically define and deliver on that vision, collaborating on architecture, technical tradeoffs, and breaking down and driving the work across the relevant teams. You will also facilitate build-vs-buy decisions with the team and identify, source, select, and negotiate with external vendors that bring critical functionality to bear in delivering the platform vision to customers. We are looking for someone to bring their curiosity, customer obsession, and creativity to public safety and equip law enforcement, fire, and medical professionals to make the right decisions in real time.
- Engage with customers and internal stakeholders around the company gaining a deep understanding of the high-stakes environment in which they operate. You will learn about their workflows, problems, needs, and aspirations.
- Lead and develop the long-term vision and roadmap for our Real-Time Operations platform and secure buy-in for the product direction from customers and internal stakeholders.
- Partner with engineering teams to prioritize the development of mission critical features & functions; write specs, manage technical workflows and own delivery timelines with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively see around corners to anticipate issues with product requirements, design, and delivery solving problems while they are still nascent.
- Influence business outcomes through engagement with Real-Time Operations leadership within the Real Time Operations while collaborating with a cross-functional global team of Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to more junior members of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field of study
- 7+ years of Product Management experience with focus on bringing Enterprise software products to life; a proven ability to drive results directly impacting revenue and customer delight
- Experience creating complex, first of their kind applications by strategically influencing key stakeholders at all levels from end-to-end
- Demonstrated success in establishing highly collaborative partnerships with engineering and design teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that is growing and scaling rapidly
- Data driven critical thinking and analytical skills; able to quickly identify, assess and prioritize competing deadlines and business needs
- A highly effective leadership presence having the ability to question and challenge the status quo at all levels of the organization driving value-added outcomes
- Experience attracting bar raising talent; qualitative coaching and mentorship capabilities enabling the growth and development of new Product Managers
- Researching, designing, and shipping cloud-based shared services and/or APIs with a high level of technical complexity, which also required scaled delivery to end consumers
- Experience within the Public Safety sector building products for front line end users such as law enforcement and emergency first responders
- Experience at a startup or Zero to One effort
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.