Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As a Site Reliability Engineer in the SRE organization, you are passionate about solving real-time problems so that our mission-critical cloud products can have the high quality and uptime that our customers need.
Your day to day
- Navigate our service-oriented system to make low-level infrastructure changes, write internal tools/scripts that automate our day-to-day work, and manage infrastructure as code via tools like Terraform, Jenkins, Puppet, Packer, and Docker.
- Create tools and processes that allow our products to deploy quickly and with a high confidence in quality
- Drive best practices when it comes to availability, scalability, operational excellence, and efficiency across the whole software org
- Mentor junior engineers through code reviews and architecture design discussions
- Performs design reviews. Mitigates availability, scalability and security risks.
- Debug and solve deep technical problems in our systems.
- Design workflows for local development (e.g. mini-kube based approaches)
- Support Developers
- 7+ years experience
- Experience in designing and creating highly available cloud systems
- Experience in container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in supporting applications written in languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Strong working knowledge of the Linux operating systems internals and administration
- Experience with hardening production environments and security tools
- Familiarity with AWS or Azure
- You have experience with container-based platforms (Docker, Kubernetes)
- You have worked with configuration management tools (Puppet, Salt, Ansible)
- You have demonstrated the ability to debug complex systems
- Experience with common languages used at Axon: Python, Scala, Java, Golang
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies and work with top engineers in the world
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.