Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
What You’ll Do
- Working with features on multiple platforms and cross services
- Develop infrastructure for enhancing automation, scalability, performance and robustness of the platform.
- Actively communicate, autonomous and follow up the feature specifications to stakeholders.
- Assist in developing specifications and architecture design for application systems
- Prepare prototypes to evaluate technology choices for various applications and databases
- Track your own projects and clearly communicate status and risks in team meetings
- Monitor everyday activities of system and provide required support
- Perform code review, support co-workers and provide guideline to Customer Support, Sale Engineers and other teams.
- Consider scale and security implications of new features that you develop.
What You Bring
- 5-8 years of experience in.NET knowledge (.NET Framework, .NET Core)
- Strong on networking and deployment experience on HTTPS, DNS, TCPIP, TLS2, Docker, etc...
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object-oriented design and code quality verification
- Understand cloud architecture system design and build better on-premise system with high-load usage, reliable deployment and telemetry system.
- Demonstrate the design pattern, system design and the workflow of feature.
- Experience building complex and impactful software in a team environment
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and passion for quality, innovation, and world-class design
- Problem solving, creativity, and communication skills are essential working with remote co-workers
- Experience with CI/CD such as TeamCity, AdvancedInstaller, Windows Service Installation, System Center Installer...
- Experience with monitoring alerts system such as NewRelic, OpsGenie, Splunk, SumoLogic
- Fluent in English communication (daily/weekly discuss with US Team) including writing documentation
- Prefer to have Java, Scala, Go programming
- Nice to have experiences on working with On-Premise system, building reliable system (telemetry, logs), and/or cloud system design
- Nice to have React or alternatives front-end framework.
- 3+ years SQL development (stored procedures, functions, tables, indices, optimizing queries, etc)
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems
- Familiarity in other languages like Java, Scala, Golang, React, Node.js
- Knowledge in creating and maintaining simple application installers, Windows services
- Experience in build and Continuous Integration tools/processes like MsBuild, TeamCity, FinalBuilder
- You have worn multiple technology hats, working on a variety of areas like back-end, front-end, client, mobile
- You have refactored aspects of a significant code base
- You enjoy mentoring and growing junior engineers
Benefits that Benefit You
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Robust Paid Time Off policy
- Lunch allowance
- Cell phone stipend
- Free LinkedIn Learning account
- Access to 24/7 online emotional and mental support
- Gym membership
- Free parking
- Stocked fridges and pantries - free coffee, cold beverages, snacks
- Annual Company Outing Trip
- Monthly team social activities
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.