Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Location: Seattle, WA
You are a Senior Backend Software Engineer with experience building large-scale software applications. You have deep interest in backend technologies. You are excited about the care, feeding and growth of a high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to revolutionize criminal justice and create better outcomes for everyone involved. At Axon you’ll help prosecutors and public defenders better manage tremendous workloads. You will help ease the pain of both victims and the accused by ensuring justice is administered fairly and efficiently. And you will create tremendous benefits communities as a whole by improving this critical system for society.
- Work with other world-class Engineers, Product Managers and Product Designers to design new features for Axon Justice
- Implement and launch new features to our customers
- Gather system and user metrics to improve existing features
- Mentor junior developers on the team
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience building complex and impactful software in a team environment
- Backend service experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Familiarity with databases, especially SQL and Cassandra
- You love delighting end customers and hunger for novel challenges
- You enjoy mentoring and growing junior engineers
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems
- You write beautiful, simple, maintainable APIs for web applications
- Able to work side by side with product managers and other engineers to create a technical backlog to build product experiences that customers love
- You are passionate about quality design, code, tools and architectures
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.