Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon's software engineering teams are based in Seattle and Ho Chi Minh City. Projects often span both locations, so your vital role is to provide skillful and responsive support for these projects by leveraging your expertise in system automation and administration to create and maintain cloud-based development and test environments, from “top to bottom” - everything from container images to process documentation. Timezone and language differences present no barrier to you.
Your Day to Day
- Perform design, code, and process reviews to improve individual systems as well as engineering-wide
- Tackle the difficult problems we face in a long term sustainable manner
- Help make our team better by contributing to design and launch reviews for new services
- Advocate for and apply best practices when it comes to availability, scalability, operational excellence, and efficiency
- Investigate new ways to continually improve and automate all aspects of what we do
- Engage early with teams on new products and services design to ensure that they are using a good set of datastores, in a good way.
- 3-7 years of experience in
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Excellent self-discipline and time management
- Experience of working across wide geographical timezones, sharing development work with a “follow the sun” model
- Experience with one or more of: Ansible; Terraform; Puppet
- A passion to remove manual toil from the system
- Experience of operating either a public or large internal service with demanding customers
- Strong working knowledge of Linux based systems
- Experience of building & operating Cloud hosted services (i.e. built on Azure, AWS etc using tools like Terraform, Cloud formation, Packer, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, Ansible, Spinnaker etc
- Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Datadog
- Experience with two or more of: Cassandra or similar noSQL, Kafka, ActiveMQ, MySQL, MS SQL
- High competency in English technical writing and speaking is a must
- Experience with container-based platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Prometheus
- Experience of running a large scale CI pipeline (TeamCity; Jenkins)
- Microsoft Azure cloud
- A devotion to learning new skills
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.