Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
We are Axon Foundation Services (AFS), a group of dedicated product professionals that own, build and operate the most critical services and primitives that Axon products need like storage, compute, cartography, permissions, authentication, evidence audit and reliability engineering. Our customers are Axon products like Evidence.com, Axon Records, Axon Real Time Operations and Axon Devices (TASER and Connected Cameras) that use our critical services and APIs to execute the mission of protecting life, reducing social conflict, and building a fair and effective justice system. Everything we do solves problems for Axon as a whole, so our cloud apps and device teams can focus their investments on non-duplicative, application-specific work that serves their missions.
The services that AFS owns are the heart and lungs for all Axon products. We protect customer trust by securely authenticating users, third party apps and enforce permissions within all Axon products. We ingest and manage over 100PB of video evidence and securely store them for evidentiary purposes from Axon body cameras and other third party sources. AFS sets the standard and leads the way for the entire company on operational excellence, incident response and reliability engineering. We ensure every important event of note within Axon products leaves an imprint through our audit services that protects the sanctity of evidence as it moves through the criminal justice system. Axon’s records, and real time operations products need our mapping services for staff productivity, effective emergency response to a crisis and situational awareness tools.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager for Axon Foundation Services in Vietnam, you will be responsible for driving large impactful initiatives for AFS across the world. You will be responsible for working closely with engineering leaders, developing project plans and driving execution of programs across the company.
As the Senior Technical Program Manager for Axon Foundation Services you will:
- Own and drive high visibility technical product launches and programs across Axon teams in Vietnam and the USA
- Build excellent project plans, manage cross team dependencies and ensure clear communication of issues
- Work with Axon engineering teams closely and drive day to day execution of the programs you own
- Help the team reduce operational debt, manual processes and other inefficiencies so they can grow and scale
- Role model excellent incident management: intercept relevant incidents, understand the cause, advocate the right customer focused solution, leading retrospectives as needed.
- Maintain excellent, collaborative stakeholder relationships
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of software product experience, with at least 5 in technical program management.
- 5 years experience working directly with multiple teams of engineers or as an engineer to understand, manage, and propose both technical tradeoffs and execution priorities, and accountability for managing tight execution timelines.
- 3 years experience working directly with end users or customers to understand their needs and design/deliver products or services tailored to fit those needs.
- Experience working within an Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with cloud IaaS and PaaS offerings such as AWS or Azure
- Ability and eagerness to quickly learn new technologies and approaches
- Demonstrated ability to influence people and organizations
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A strong desire to improve the justice system through the use of technology
- Drive for results, delivering the best possible outcome commensurate with the level of investment required for the situation.
- Excellent critical thinking, reasoning and written communication skills
- Ability to build trust and respect across disparate teams and agendas
- Ability to resolve conflicts by working to find common ground teams can rally behind
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, seeing around corners
- Being comfortable with discomfort, plotting a course without complete information
- Ongoing self critical assessment of opportunities for improvements within their own programs and their skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use our technology, and get inspired
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.