Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
This role will enable you to elevate your skills to the next level. As a junior engineer, you will be mentored by very experienced engineers who will be able to enhance your technical skills and by managers who are passionate about developing the careers of their reports. You will also have the opportunity to participate in Axon's mentorship program, where you can have 1:1 mentorship sessions with leaders throughout the company that can accelerate your career trajectory.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
- Participating in code reviews and architecture design meetings
- Owning and driving end-to-end features with Product and Design
- Ensuring that your code hits a high bar for quality and performance
- Working with like-minded people who are passionate about our mission
- Working with the latest open source technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Professional software development internship
- Experience designing high quality features in cloud-based systems
- Experience in at least one managed language such as Java, Scala, Go, C# or similar
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies, and can intuit the fine line between promising new practice and overhyped fad
- Industry experience working with SQL or NoSQL data stores
- Good Linux/Unix/Mac experience
- You love delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.