Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
The Axon Standards team is building software that literally has the power to change the way policing is done. We enable law enforcement agencies around the world to monitor their officers’ performance, conduct internal investigations, and manage the critical reporting of cases wherein an officer uses force. We do so by building smart workflow automation which reduces manual administrative effort, collects large amounts of data, and organizes that data to drive better decisions that affect officers as well as the public that they protect. If you enjoy leading technical projects that have the power to save lives and make a positive impact on society, then this role is for you.
We believe that happy teams take good care of their customers, so we foster a friendly, open, introspective team culture that encourages everyone to speak their mind and deliberately avoids red tape, unnecessary rituals, hierarchy, and politics.
You are a Software Engineering Manager/ Senior Manager with experience building customer-facing software that automates and streamlines processes for customers who operate in fast-paced, dynamic environments. You have passion and experience in hiring and growing exceptional developers and productive teams, and want to lead multiple teams of software experts in building complex software systems while staying directly connected to the technical details. You have solid experience working with product, design, sales, and other engineering teams to deliver best-in-class software that scales and delights customers.
Your Day to Day:
- Hire and grow a world-class engineering team
- Work with Product Managers and Product Designers to set goals and plan the team roadmap
- Execute and deliver new features and improvements to customers on a regular basis
- Leading the engineering and operational excellence for your team
- Join Forces with other partner teams in Vietnam and US
- Coaching your team for continuous improvements
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- 3+ years of experience leading an engineering team
- Proven ability to coach and mentor engineers
- A passion for communication and collaboration
- A proven track record of planning and delivering on multiple overlapping projects spanning several months
- Experience implementing engineering processes that emphasize security and quality
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- You distilled your people and team management practices into a set of models and principles that you regularly verbalize, apply, and improve
- You thrived in multi-functional organizations by building consensus and partnering with product management, designers, information security, and recruiting
- You have calibrated coding, system design and behavioral job interview questions that you used to hire top talent and quickly grow your team
- You maintained high performance standards by collecting objective metrics and peer feedback for performance evaluation and management
- You mentored junior and senior engineers, helping them understand themselves, influence others, and advance towards their career goals
- You established trust with senior leaders by aligning your priorities with theirs, providing timely, accurate, and succinct status updates, and helping other teams when needed
- You have kept your engineering skills sharp so you can review your team's code, evaluate design options, and provide high-level cost estimates
- You follow the latest in open source technologies and can intuit the fine line between a promising new practice and an overhyped fad
Compensation and Benefits:
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use our technology, and get inspired
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.