Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Your Day to Day
- Define the software product vision, communicate to the cross-functional team, and evolve it based on interactions with customers and as the solution is developed
- Work with your own engineering team to balance scope, functionality, performance, and time to market
- Creatively generate solutions to a wide range of technical, workflow, and business problems
- Gather quantitative and qualitative data from market and end users
- Make data driven decisions when possible and fall back on well supported intuition when data is not available
- Problem solve within constraints that truly exist and break through constraints that don’t actually exist
- Lead & mentor junior product managers
- Operate with autonomy while proactively reducing ambiguity for your team and your cross-functional peers
- Represent software team in leadership updates, roadmapping, and go-to-market activities
- Set performance metrics for the most important functions of the products and manage team to measure and achieve them
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or related field
- 5+ years relevant Software Product Management experience ideally shipping complex, multi product/system solutions with IoT devices and SaaS components
- Experience solving complex user interaction problems with creative solutions
- You have deep experience working with engineers to balance scope, time to market, and functionality, constantly making trade-offs using qualitative, quantitative, and absent data
- Excellent problem solving skills, well-structured written and verbal communication
- You have a proven track record of delivering successful products that achieve key business outcomes
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally when necessary (15%); contingent upon safe, healthy conditions and when guidance from State and Federal agencies supports such travel
- You have real-world experience with each of the expectations listed in section entitled “Your Day to Day”
- Experience in software for imaging, streaming, voice communications or LTE-connected devices.
- Experience in OS-level scope of product ownership
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.