Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon Body Worn-cameras are at the heart of our ecosystem built to Protect Life and Capture Truth. We’ve built a fully Cloud connected evidence capture device with advanced software capabilities that keep our customers safe, efficient and effective. We are developing our next generation solution on a platform that integrates leading edge technologies across hardware devices, apps, networks, and Enterprise SW. Expanding the capabilities of this system and leveraging the strengths of the Axon Ecosystem is a huge task.
With this mission, we are looking for an experienced Principal Software Product Manager who has a track record of defining and executing complex software deliverables across multiple teams and job roles. You’ll be responsible delivering customer-driven guidance to the software squads as they build out critical workflows for the current and future body worn camera platforms. You’ll also work closely with our body worn camera hardware teams and external partners to ensure we deliver a seamless end-to-end solution for our customers. You’ll work collaboratively with product managers, technical program managers, product designers, engineers and our go-to-market teams to own delivery of a high-quality, large scale mission critical-ready system. As your product and features get into customer hands, in beta and in larger scale releases, you’ll be at the heart of capturing their feedback. You’ll synthesize that feedback to plan improvements, fixes and updates, and ready the overall system for launch.
Your day to day
- Define the future body worn camera software product vision, clearly document and communicate to cross-functional teams, and evolve it based on interactions with customers
- Work with your own engineering team to balance scope, functionality, performance, and time to market
- Creatively generate solutions to a wide range of technical, workflow, and business problems
- Gather quantitative and qualitative data from market and customers
- Make data driven decisions when possible and fall back on well supported intuition when data is not available
- Lead & mentor junior product managers
- Operate with autonomy while proactively reducing ambiguity for your team and your cross-functional peers
- Represent software team in leadership updates, roadmapping, and go-to-market activities
- Set performance metrics for the most important functions of the products and manage team to measure and achieve them
- A bachelor's degree in a technical field or business, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years relevant Software Product Management experience shipping a variety of complex, multi product/system solutions
- Experience with owning a ‘green field’ vision, were you drove new experiences or features that required getting customer and executive buy-in to disrupt a market
- Experience solving complex user interaction problems with creative solutions
- Deep experience working with engineers to balance scope, time to market, and functionality, deftly making trade-offs using qualitative, quantitative, and many times incomplete data
- Excellent problem solving skills, well-structured written and verbal communication
- You have a proven track record of delivering successful products that achieve key business outcomes
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally when necessary (15%); contingent upon guidance from State and Federal agencies support for travel
- Technical or business Masters degree, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in software for imaging, streaming, voice communications or LTE-connected devices, especially those with challenging battery and processing constraints.
- Experience in OS-level scope of product ownership
- Experience implementing process changes and/or new tools to drive better efficiencies and best practices in defining, developing and launching products
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office environment and flexible work from home options
- Ride along with customers such as police officers in real life situations, see them use technology and get inspired to help them and the communities they serve
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.