Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
- Operate as a thought leader and visionary, with the ability to guide, influence and inspire peak performance, innovation and adoption of AI-enabled technologies across the Axon value chain
- Grow and lead a world-class team of research scientists that deliver novel, strategic AI solutions with diverse, industry-leading skills in deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing and more
- Collaborate with tech and product teams on sourcing data and model building strategies from experimentation and implementation to deployment and continuous improvement
- Bring your industry, research expertise and deep knowledge of the state-of-the-art in your field to challenge existing assumptions and introduce new machine learning algorithms, statistical approachers and training workflows
- Develop a collaborative and inclusive team that fosters a culture of ownership, experimentation, and innovation while joining forces with product teams to deliver working solutions for our Customers
Required Skills & Professional Experience
- A Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field
- 7+ years of modeling experience in one or more the following areas: Natural Language Processing/Understanding (NLP/NLU), Computer Vision (CV) and Acoustic Event Detection
- 4+ years in a leadership/management role; with a solid track record capable of building and leading science teams
- Hands on experience developing, scaling and implementing machine learning using relevant programming languages (such as Python), state of the art deep learning frameworks and big data tools
- Working knowledge of advanced ML techniques: Multi-task Learning, Transfer Learning, Reinforcement Learning as well as Unsupervised and Semi-supervised Learning
- Track record of publications and contributions to the machine learning community at large
- Experience with designing and shipping software products that leverage machine learning at scale
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to dive into learning algorithms, evaluation metrics, model architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations
- Comfort communicating and interacting with scientists, engineers and product managers as well as understanding and translating the science of AI and Machine Learning to a more general audience
- 9+ years of modeling experience in the areas of NLP, CV, Sensor Fusion and Acoustic Event Detection
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with distributed machine learning and deploying models at scale in cloud environments (such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud)
- Familiarity with IoT/Edge AI and optimizing ML models to run on-device with constrained compute, power and latency budgets
- Previous Experience leading multiple geographically distributed teams
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.