Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Real Time Operations in Public Safety
While enterprise collaboration has experienced a sea change in the past 10 years (think Zoom, Slack, and a bevy of role and domain specific tools), public safety has largely been left behind. Though police officers, firefighters, and emergency medical services personnel put themselves in harm’s way on a daily basis, their ability to communicate and coordinate is hampered by disjointed systems, arcane user interfaces, and technology that was implemented before (and without) modern product design and technology. The news is full of examples of first responders lacking critical information, which leads to less than ideal outcomes.
Axon is in a unique position to address this problem. As the the largest provider of de-escalation training and the creator of the world’s first LTE-connected body camera, we are leading the charge to connect first responders, enable them to make more intelligent decisions, and ultimately save more lives. To that end, the Real Time Ops team is creating a new product category: Axon Respond. Axon Respond integrates sensors, highly important data, and text/voice/video communications into a single platform that enables lightning-fast collaboration. Like all teams at Axon, we value transparency and bias for action, and are looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join us in pulling the future forward into today.
As a senior frontend engineer on the team, you’ll be intimately involved in the experience and architecture decisions that will shape this product. You know what it takes to build both intuitively usable and highly performant frontend experiences. Your customer empathy and eagerness to understand users and their problems allows you to intuit innovative solutions, working closely with product managers and designers. You drive decisions among competing engineering trade-offs, helping us toward the best possible solutions using the latest open source technologies and best practices. You also enjoy mentoring other engineers, and love to be a hands-on teacher helping to up-level the engineers around you.
Join us to work with a passionate, mission-driven group of folks who want to positively impact the lives of first responders and those that they serve.
- Build and own services, components, and experiences that adhere to our high bar on availability, performance, and usability in this mission-critical space
- Set a high technical bar for the team by writing well-tested, maintainable code and leading code and technical design reviews
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other frontend and full-stack engineers
- Work across teams with Product, Design, and Engineering to drive and deliver on our product roadmap
- Utilize React with Redux and Typescript, among other modern open source technologies
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience designing and delivering features of highly-available, scalable cloud-based systems
- Experience working with event-based systems
- Experience or interest working with maps or GIS systems
- Good Linux/Unix/Mac experience
- A passion for delighting end users and a hunger for novel challenges
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.