AxleHire gives companies of any size the power to deliver their products directly to customers’ doorsteps within a day, without the typical cost and complexity of expedited shipping. Our proprietary technology and processes provide scalable same-day and next-day delivery services to some of the world’s fastest growing brands. AxleHire’s services are live in eight major metropolitan areas with many more on the way.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Full-stack to help build and extend AxleHire’s rich and robust web applications. These applications support the day-to-day activities of AxleHire’s clients, driver fleet, facilities, dispatch, and other internal teams.
As the ideal candidate, you are deeply experienced in building modern, responsive, mission-critical web applications with an emphasis on quality, reliability, and usability. You should have a demonstrated record of tackling increasingly challenging professional projects, and a proven commitment to delivering maintainable and extensible code and systems.
- Become a key part of the core global team developing applications that provide control over and visibility into all of AxleHire’s systems and day-to-day operations
- Build real-time applications supporting thousands of drivers and connecting them with the AxleHire team
- Create sophisticated graphical interfaces and visualizations for all AxleHire’s network activities
- Drive improvements in our code and technology stack to enable better maintainability and performance
- Serve as a technical lead to other full-stack engineers
- Contribute to team development standards, conventions, and processes
- Collaborate with peers in product management, transportation, operations, and client success to develop new features and applications
What You Bring to the AxleHire Team:
- Proven experience developing mission-critical, distributed event-driven systems in a cloud environment (GCP, AWS, or similar)
- Strong experience developing and integrating with APIs
- Strong experience planning and writing unit, functional, and integration tests
- Experience with visualization libraries (D3.js, Chart.js or similar)
- Experience building software for the cloud (GCP or AWS)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, schema design and optimization
- Ability to easily dive into code written in unfamiliar languages
- Ability to manage multiple/competing priorities and make the right tradeoffs and timely delivery of features
- Ability to partner with product management to determine feasibility and generate technical requirements
- Ability to break down and estimate effort for complex projects
- Great communication and documentation skills
- Great attention to detail
- A customer-first mindset and a partnering spirit
- A commitment to learning and continuous self-improvement
- A bias to action
- A desire to leave things better than you found them
- 3+ years of employment as a full-stack engineer in a professional team setting.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Be part of a well-funded, fast-growing company tackling complex and relevant challenges
- Competitive compensation and equity incentives
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible time off