AxleHire gives companies of any size the power to deliver their products directly to customers’ doorsteps within a day, without the typical cost and complexity of expedited shipping. Our proprietary technology and processes provide scalable same-day and next-day delivery services to some of the world’s fastest growing brands. AxleHire’s services are live in eight major metropolitan areas with many more on the way.
We are looking for a Software Engineer, Support and Tools to provide diagnostic and troubleshooting support to our operations and finance teams, while developing and improving the tools which will make future support needs self-service. This role is critical to the smooth running of our delivery services; the improvements to the tools and processes you make will have a direct impact on our team’s scalability.
As the ideal candidate, you are a customer-focused engineer who is interested in learning and working with the wide variety of technologies and systems that make up the AxleHire delivery platform. You are an intuitive problem solver who is adept at identifying and analyzing patterns in recurring issues, and then creating processes and tools that seek to minimize those issues in the future.
- Become a key part of the global team that supports and develops tooling for AxleHire’s logistics and operations systems; systems which orchestrate the delivery of millions of shipments per year
- Work cross-functionally to diagnose and debug operations-related issues for our internal and external customers
- Participate in an on-call rotation alongside other global engineers
- Escalate to and resolve issues with the engineering team
- Contribute to our internal support process documentation and knowledge base
- Contribute to support process improvements and streamlining
- Develop tools to make support issues easier to self-service
What You Bring to the AxleHire Team:
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Deep empathy for technical and non-technical users alike
- A customer-first mindset and a partnering spirit
- Ability to solve problems using some or all of the following: Linux (shell scripting), programming languages, SQL, logging systems, source control, and ticketing systems
- Great attention to detail
- A commitment to learning and continuous self-improvement
- A desire to leave things better than you found them
- 1-2+ years of employment as a support engineer, software engineer, or tools engineer
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Bonus: Experience with e-commerce and logistics
- Bonus: A sense of humor
- Be part of a well-funded, fast-growing company tackling complex and relevant challenges
- Competitive compensation and equity incentives
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible time off