This position will support our accounting and supply chain departments, as well as assist with the transition to our new ERP system. While direct accounting experience will certainly be involved, this opportunity is unique in that this individual will be able to have direct involvement and make contributions across the organization. This includes but is not limited to:
- Quoting process and transition from initial customer RFQ to project commencement.
- Procurement process from engineering & design outputs to purchasing & supply chain management.
- Flow and reconciliations from the purchase order all the way to vendor payment.
- Tracking costs for large projects against budgets, recognizing revenue, and providing feedback.
- Establishing internal controls, automating processes, and creating efficiencies with ERP.
- In addition to special projects, day to day responsibilities will include:
- Verifying three-way match between purchase order, receipt, and invoice. Resolving discrepancies.
- Scanning and attaching purchase order confirmations, receipt paperwork, and invoices within ERP system.
- Responding to vendor account status inquiries and resolving any discrepancies.
- Following up on past due customer invoices.
- An ideal candidate will be available for part-time work but it could transition to full-time.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must have strong desire to learn and grow.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or 2 plus years of accounting-related experience.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Experience with manufacturing or engineering-related business(es) is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with ERP systems is a plus, but not required.
- Microsoft Office skills.