The Machine Electrician serves as a team member in the electrical assembly process for automation equipment and is responsible for panel building and wiring of electrical components used on automation equipment projects.
- Serves as a team member in the electrical assembly process for automation equipment
- Assemble equipment wiring and electrical controls according to approved design and customer specifications.
- Ensure that changes and problems get documented and communicated.
- Communicate with the project team on open issues and progress during the build process.
- Assist with the successful execution of equipment builds including cost, quality, timing, and customer satisfaction.
- Effectively and safely troubleshoot wiring and circuits
- Read and understand schematics
- Problem solve issues / poke yokes / cycle time
- Travel for install and runoffs with customer
- Identify electrical problems, and recommend adjustments/repair work as necessary
- Work cross-functionally with all departments during all phases of the project including de-bug and runoff
Education and Experience Requested
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate
- Two (2) years’ electrical experience preferably with equipment building
- Proficiency in wiring complex mechanical components
- Team player, able to take direction and be self-directed
- High regard for safety standards