1 big thing: Axios HQ is an AI-powered software that helps organizations of all sizes plan, write, and send essential comms that boost trust, transparency, and alignment. Learn more about Axios HQ:
- $20M Series A co-led by Glade Brook and Greycroft
- Read customer reviews on G2
- Visit AxiosHQ.com
- 2023 State of Essential Workplace Communications
Why it matters: Our Head of Software Sales will play a critical role in building and supporting our growing sales team. Reporting to our VP, Sales, in addition to day-to-day team management, it will be mission critical for this leader to partner closely with key internal stakeholders including account management, strategy, product and engineering teams to ensure the product performs well and meets the needs and expectations of future clients.
Go deeper: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for growing and scaling team and processes efficiently in a hyper-growth minded startup environment:
- Experience leading a sales team and managers of varying experience levels
- A strong track record of establishing processes related to performance analysis (KPIs); revenue forecasting and process
- Highly collaborative with the ability to motivate those around you to produce exceptional results in a remote first environment
- Superb emotional intelligence and an eagerness to constantly build new skills as a manager and leader
- Ability to step in and close individual business when needed
- Comfort with a growing and ever changing fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- SaaS experience highly preferred
- A deep belief in and commitment to maintaining a diverse and inclusive team environment
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios HQ’s mission and values - raise the bar, stay curious, be inclusive, always, and champion each other - and have the following skills/experience:
- 3+ years of successfully managing a growing sales department/organization
- Exceptional analytical skills and hands-on experience with CRM and sales tools to make strategic decisions and drive team performance
- Track record of establishing, monitoring, and achieving processes related to performance analysis (KPIs); revenue forecasting and process implementation in a fast-paced startup environment
- Highly collaborative with strong stakeholder management skills (will be working closely with Marketing, Product, and Account Management teams)
- Superb emotional intelligence and success in managing hybrid/remote teams
- Proven ability to mentor and develop sales managers and representatives at various stages in their career journey.
- Passionate about stepping in and driving direct sales efforts, showcasing both leadership and hands-on aptitude.
- Axios HQ believes in fair and equitable pay. Annual on target earning for this role is in the range of $250,000-$300,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills.
- Health insurance (options include 100% paid options for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
- One mental health day per quarter
- Monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Axios HQ is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios HQ makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.