1 big thing: Axios HQ is a software platform that helps organizations communicate more effectively by bringing years of newsroom research to remote team's fingertips so they can create smart updates that distill essential information in half the time — increasing transparency, boosting engagement, and building trust. Learn more about Axios HQ:
Why it matters: As our Strategy and Operations Associate, you’ll support the team in identifying opportunities to drive ‘top line’ growth, find and implement process efficiencies and support the commercial success of the business. You will report to the Chief of Staff on Axios HQ and work closely with leadership to build strategic and tactical initiatives. You will help optimize our business operations and assist in implementation of our strategy.
Go deeper: In this role, you will make an impact on Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Assist and respond to the day-to-day commercial operations for Axios HQ. Includes but not limited to, reporting, updating and building sales collateral, and assisting with forecasting.
- Ensure successful meetings across Axios HQ. You will schedule meetings, prep agendas, take notes, and follow-up on action items.
- Support systems level work and initiatives across the entire HQ organization and will work cross functionally with commercial, P&E, marketing, finance, etc.
- Assist the Chief of Staff with employee communications including composing Newsletters and preparing for the weekly leadership and staff meetings.
- Work closely with the people operations team in retreat and team gathering implementation.
- Undertake ongoing optimizations reviews to bring continual improvements to our day-to-day processes.
- Support the Chief of Staff with projects to bring new products and services to market - including project management activities, analysis, requirements gathering and internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Work cross-functionally across Axios HQ including operations, product, marketing, legal and finance.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios HQ’s mission and have the following skills:
- Experience performing communications and project management roles, specifically within a cross-functional team.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working with and influencing many high-level internal stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, including writing and editing; ability to represent Axios HQ to external contacts
- Passion for improving internal communications.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.