Quick take: Axios is dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format.The Axios Events Team, a creative arm of the Axios revenue organization, is hiring for an Associate Director of Events, Client & Project Management to manage day-to-day event logistics, client relationships, and deliverables and ensuring we remain true to our editorial standards while also working alongside sponsors for their defined sponsor integrations. Ultimately, the goal of each event is to bring our audiences together for worthy editorial conversations across the country.
Why it matters: We need a strong team member to manage operations and logistics, providing support to team members, serve as a liaison with event clients, vendors, brainstorm creative concepts to bring our events to life, and create and implement all visual elements of our events (creative catering, invites, signage, event installations, etc).
Go deeper: This role has relationship management and operational responsibilities and will manage multiple, concurrent events while moving quickly. The Project Manager role serves as the primary point of contact for sponsored event campaigns coordinating across all creative disciplines within the events team and other departments such as client partnerships, our Smart Brevity Studio, and marketing. They will also provide superior customer service to all external stakeholders.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for Axios’ mission, and have the following skills:
- 3-5+ years of high volume, fast-paced events and client experience
- Proven track record of strong client/relationship management experience
- Exceptional customer service and commercial instincts
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Demonstrated experience working in events, digital media, and implementing sponsor integrations and campaigns
- Experience managing multiple complex projects in a cross-functional environment, meeting deadlines, and exceeding expectations
- Proficiency in orchestrating communications across a large number of internal and external stakeholders
- Manage project deliverables across multiple medium- large scale campaigns and help coordinate various functions
- Natural ability to think critically, problem solve and provide effective solutions
- Strong (almost obsessive) attention to detail
- Project management software experience is a plus (i.e. Wrike, Asana)
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Desire to work hard, learn new skills, and grow professionally
- Willingness to work early mornings and late nights
- Willingness to travel regularly
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discounts
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Base salary for this role is in the range of $90-$100K and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.