Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage media company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning content in an audience-first format. We are looking for an experienced and innovative operations professional to join our operations team for Axios Pro, our new paid subscription product.
Why it matters: Axios Pro is an exciting new addition to Axios’ portfolio of editorial products and this role will help the various teams involved function efficiently and effectively. This person will be responsible for maintaining and evolving our current operations processes to ensure success across all aspects of the business.
Go deeper: Ideal candidates will be highly organized, proactive, communicative, and detail-oriented. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as the source of truth for project management across Editorial, Revenue and every functional department, including timelines, dependency management and project decisions.
- Help to develop cross-team goals alongside other operations team members and Axios Pro stakeholders to help drive progress.
- Lead cross-functional communications (meetings, internal newsletters) to provide essential context and data to stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Own tracking and communication of KPIs and key initiatives across multiple teams, with special focus on tracking the success and progress of multiple revenue streams.
- Initiate and own special projects deemed critical to Pro goals (e.g. vertical launches, establishing new processes).
- Partner with additional shared Axios teams, such as People Operations and Finance, to optimize dependencies like budgeting, hiring, and external tool management.
- Develop and deliver critical updates for company executives operating within other Axios departments.
- Within the Operations team, provide updates to ensure teams are working in concert to deliver on Pro in line with other Axios priorities.
- Within the Operations team, contribute to the buildout of effective Axios-wide systems and processes that help us meet our goals
The details: Ideal candidates will embody a collaborative spirit, organizational mindset, and passion for the Axios Pro mission. This position requires the following:
- Experience performing communications and project management duties, specifically within a cross-functional team.
- Experience working with and influencing high-level internal stakeholders and executives across various departments and teams.
- Comfort driving candid conversations and guiding hard prioritization decisions.
- Strong communication skills, including writing and editing for varied, broad audiences.
- Familiarity with CRM and other reporting systems, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and project management tools (e.g. Asana, Trello, Wrike,) is a plus.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to be adaptable and creative as the Axios Pro team and product grows.
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Base salary for this role is in the range of $85,000-$100,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.