Quick take: Axios is a fast-growing media company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Chief of Staff & Executive Assistant to join our Operations team and support our CTO.
Why it matters: Axios technology powers the reach of our journalism, the ways we drive revenue, and how we work internally. Because PDT underpins every part of Axios, it relies on seamless communication and exceptional efficiency. This new role will work closely with our CTO to ensure Product, Design, Data and Technology accomplish ambitious goals and drive Axios success.
Go deeper: This role will create impact with the following responsibilities:
- Drive extreme efficiency for PDT through great meeting discipline, time and calendar management, work / project documentation, and overall team organization
- Own internal PDT communications and team activities, ranging from All Hands meetings to retreats to regular newsletters
- Partner with People Ops on strategies to attract and retain great talent in the ultra-competitive tech landscape
- Develop and support initiatives to build the Axios PDT brand externally with activities like speaking engagements, conference attendance, award submissions, etc.
- Provide individual support to the CTO in administrative tasks including scheduling, expense management, travel, and coordination with other departments on logistical needs
- Initiate and own other special projects that support PDT success
- Support knowledge management across PDT by acting as the department documentarian for the wiki used across the teams
- Support team recognition and celebration initiatives
- As part of the broader Operations team, ensure PDT is aligned and on pace with other functions to meet Axios’ biggest goals
The details: Ideal candidates will have a passion for Axios’ mission and the following experience:
- 5+ years in operations, project management or executive admin roles
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across multiple teams
- Attention to detail and time management
- Enthusiasm for and adeptness at scheduling and calendar management (preferably with Google Suite)
- Experience organizing executive logistics like travel, expense reports, speaking engagements, and team communications
- Organized record-keeping, including meeting notes and team documentation
- Strong project management skills and a proactive, autonomous approach
- Commitment to using discretion when handling sensitive information
- Media or technology experience preferred – or equivalent experience that crosses business, technology, and content/creator teams
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Base salary for this role is in the range of $80,000-$100,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.