Vice President, Local Client Partnerships
Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We're hiring a Vice President, Local Client Partnerships who will report into our SVP Client Partnerships and Subscriptions.
Go Deeper: In this strategic role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Owning and setting the vision and strategy to scale the Axios Local advertising business
- Managing and mentor and East and West sales leaders who oversee regional teams of individual contributors
- Lead, recruit and inspire a team of exceptional sales and business development talent
- Support and pitch to senior level decision makers to close new partners
- Create, automate and improve processes that accelerate sales and new business growth
- Analytically shape the portfolio to meet growth targets
- Partnering closely with editorial, client success, and business development leaders to drive go-to-market strategies while collaborating cross-functionally with Marketing and Product to achieve growth goals
- Support analysis of 30+ markets to drive pricing strategy for inventory
The details: This is a high-energy role that requires superior communication skills, an ability to understand and partner with business priorities to develop creative solutions, and a proven ability to generate leads. Ideal candidates will also have the following skills:
- 10+ years’ experience in publisher area of local digital ad sales, with at least 8+ years in business development and 5+ yrs in people management experience
- Established relationships with key agencies and brands
- Experience sourcing and cementing partnerships, particularly in a business development function
- In-depth knowledge of digital media, online marketing technology, and Axios’ competitive landscape
- Willingness to travel and attend social events and engagements during evening hours
- Ability to oversee all aspects of daily operations for a team of sellers, including hiring, training, coaching and development, and performance management.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills and the willingness to proactively partner with Axios Brand Studio and events team
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per month
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discounts
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Base salary and commission for this role is in the range of $315k - $350k and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.