Quick take: Axios is a company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring an entry-level Accounting Associate to join our team!
Why it matters: As we continue to grow, the Accounting Associate will play an important role in the reimbursement, credit card and payroll process.
The details: In this role, you will make an impact to Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Manage the Company Credit Card Program
- Manage the Expensify Employee Reimbursement System
- Review and Approve Employee Reimbursements
- Perform Month-end Close activities such as the Credit Card Reconciliation, Payroll Reconciliations & Journal Entries
- Complete Employment Verifications
- Onboarding New Hires and Offboarding Departing Employees
- Employee Data Changes
- Audit Employees Information between Payroll and HR Systems
Go deeper: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and someone early in their accounting career who is excited to contribute and learn in an evolving, fast growth organization. They ideally will have the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- 1-2 years of accounting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with proven ability to build relationships
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with Justworks, Bamboo, Sage Intacct and Expensify is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Base salary for this role is in the range of $55,000-$75,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.