Quick Take: Axios is a thriving, fast-growing media organization dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news in an audience-first format. We're hiring a Senior Technology Reporter.
Why it Matters: Axios has built a newsroom of more than 150 talented journalists committed to providing our readers the most trustworthy information in the most efficient way possible. We are looking for a highly talented, collaborative, experienced journalist to serve as co-author of our daily morning Login newsletter.
- A successful candidate for this job will be a seasoned technology correspondent well sourced inside the major tech companies, eager to break stories and ready to explain the day’s news to Axios’ readers in one of our key areas of news coverage.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for Axios’ reader-first mission.
Ideal candidates will also have the following skills and traits:
- Subject matter expertise on the tech landscape
- A passion for covering tech companies, trends, products and controversies
- Exceptional writing abilities
- Highly skilled at spotting top story ideas and crafting conceptual newsletter items to exceed our readers' expectations
- Expertise for driving the conversation with scoops and trend stories
- Strong source base and ability to produce exclusive content
- Ability to collaborate closely and effectively with internal and external audiences
- Positive attitude and ability to thrive in high-pressure news environment
- A commitment to building and supporting a diverse and inclusive environment
- A belief in Smart Brevity as the core writing style of Axios
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Salary Range: Base salary for this role is in the range of $150,000-$190,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.