Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage media and technology company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news and information in an audience-first format known as Smart Brevity ™
Why it matters: We’re looking for a People Operations Business Partner (HRBP) to deeply embed within our growing newsroom to support the current talent challenges and future needs. As we continue our explosive growth and scale, you will help us preserve our award-winning culture as we tackle new business ventures.
Go deeper: In this role, you will:
- Partner with leaders across your assigned business line(s) to anticipate future talent needs
- Embed in the business to deeply understand its people, business objectives, structure, strengths, and challenges
- Help build, support, and protect an inclusive culture across your team
- Partner with our Employee Experience team to develop support and buy-in for our HR programs and policies within your assigned business lines
- Support engagement work across your business line. Monitor and track engagement through surveys and conduct the necessary follow up to improve the employee experience.
- Provide guidance to all employees and managers on employee relations/team dynamics
- Evaluate practices to ensure a culture of inclusion and belonging, and thoughtfully intervene when needed
- Conduct exit interviews for departing employees. Analyze data, identify trends, and make recommendations to inform our retention strategies.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Experience in HR/talent management and in fast-paced environments
- Experience working in a media/journalism environment preferred
- Experience working with HR/People Ops in start up environments
- Knowledge of and passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and a deep commitment to ensuring Axios is a happy, healthy place to work for employees of all backgrounds and identities
- Proven experience collaborating and partnering with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to project manage and juggle multiple priorities at once
- Creative thinker and entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to have sensitive conversations and advise colleagues on HR related issues
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Base salary for this role is in the range of $70,000-$110,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.