Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that help you know what matters and how to help you get smarter, faster. We are looking for a Director of Product Management to join our team to help us manage our ongoing portfolio of products.
Why it Matters: Axios is looking for a driven individual who wants to succeed personally, support their team and collaborators to succeed, and ultimately Axios as a whole. We need a leader who can develop and set a vision for their portfolio of work as well as grow less senior product managers.
Go Deeper: The focus of the work is to grow the audience and the engagement of that audience across our portfolio of products.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. We believe that inclusion drives innovation, and a best-in-class experience for our readers and team members alike. We are intently focused on building a user-centric, editorially rich organization with an innovative and collaborative work culture contributing to the future of media.
- Track record of shipping products that solve problems and delight users
- Strong experience using data to drive decision-making
- Entrepreneurial and solution oriented approach to solving problems
- Experience supporting and managing the growth and development of product managers
- Experience having scaled and automated products and supporting tools
- Commitment to quality - you take pride in supporting your team to deliver stable and impactful products with measurable value
- Expertise in agile product management and commitment to growing the agile maturity of your teams
- Clear thinking and thoughtful communications in both speaking and writing
- Curious about news, information, and the role it plays in the lives of our users
- Flexibility to be where you are needed, whether it’s your day-to-day work or the focus and mission of your team
- Self-motivated, well organized, and analytical
- Experienced with ticket management systems, BI tooling, roadmap tooling and knowledge management
- Experience having worked end-to-end across internal tooling as well as user-facing mobile and web products
- A passion for product, media, and Axios are strongly preferred
- Ownership over a portfolio focused on engaging and growing our audience
- Close collaboration with marketing, ad operations, audience and editorial teams
- Close collaboration with product managers and eng leaders across the department
- Supporting management of a small team of product managers
- Supporting your team(s) by sharing the vision for where they are headed, why their efforts matter, and assuring the delivery of those initiatives
- Assuring proper scoping, sizing, and planning occur reasonably, at the quarter, sprint, and initiative level
- Partnering with engineering, design, quality and stakeholders to build the best possible products to support users internally and externally
- Communicating openly, efficiently and timely
- Pushing for change when you see something that you feel can be improved
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per month
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.