Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy content in an audience-first format. This year, we celebrated a major milestone, launching a SaaS product for corporate communications called Axios HQ. In our first year we’ve already passed $1M in ARR and welcomed over 150 customers to the platform. We’re hiring a Backend Engineer!
Why it matters: This team member will be a core part of building our web-stack codebases, working closely with a squad on product direction, architecture, testing, and professional growth.
Go deeper: In this role, you will help make Axios a stronger, more successful tech company through the following responsibilities:
- Support the creating and evolution of our newly launched b2b technology, AxiosHQ
- Writing clean, well-documented, and well-tested code that scales with our rapidly growing customer base.
- Collaborating with your product squad to ensure Axios ships the best products possible on time
- Help architect and build significant features across the platform
- Staying up to date with industry trends and collaborating on best practices
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and possess the following skills and attributes:
- Experience and interest in Python and Django
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines and understanding of best deployment practices
- Familiarity with deploying services using Kubernetes and Helm
- Experience scaling applications
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Proven ability to ship high-quality and testable code quickly
- Experience working with product designers and product managers
- Experience building & maintaining REST APIs
- Experience with data modeling in relational databases
- Familiarity with building services based on machine learning models is a plus
- A belief in and commitment to Axios’ diversity, equity, and inclusion values
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.