Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We're hiring a Managing Director, Client Partnerships.
Why it Matters: You will act as a manager on the Partnerships team and a brand ambassador for Axios. You will proactively network across the market and create new opportunities for our company. You will develop and maintain trusted, strategic relationships with new and existing agency and client partners to grow Axios’ revenue through native content development.
The Details: This is a high-energy role that requires superior communication skills, an ability to understand partner business priorities and develop creative solutions, and a proven ability to generate leads. Ideal candidates will also have the following skills:
- 9+ years’ experience in sales, specifically in the digital media industry
- Established relationships with key agencies and brands
- In-depth knowledge of digital media, online marketing technology, and Axios’ competitive landscape
- Willingness to travel and attend social events and engagements during evening hours
- Ability to oversee all aspects of daily operations for a team of sellers, including hiring, training, coaching and development, and performance management.
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration skills and the willingness to proactively partner with Axios Brand Studio and events team
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.